Housing
Paintball
Hiking trails
Fishing
Events
Sauna
Ball game courts
Canoe rental
EstFin
 

The history of the Reiu Holiday Centre

In 1956–57, the Baltic Railway company built a house for the guards of the railway bridge. It had three one-room apartments with a separate kitchen. In the 1980s, the building was no longer used for that purpose; however, it was in a favourable location for water sports and an idea to establish a sports base popped up.

The Baltic Railway company did not wish to sell the building but would let it for us for 10 years. A contract was concluded for the term 5 August 1985 to 5 August 1995. On 16 August 1985, the Baltic Railway company handed the keys to Mati Villsaar. Due to lack of finances, only maintenance works were performed at the initial stage.

The funds for extensive renovations became available in April 1987 and the works were completed at the end of 1993. On 1 February 1994, the first price list for the Reiu Sports Centre was approved of and the centre was opened for public.

On 15 May 2001, the place was bought by Reiu Puhkekeskus OÜ, which started development a holiday centre there.

 

 
 
© Elro Investeeringute OÜ | Tartu mnt 14, 10117 Tallinn | GSM +372 530 25085 | info@reiupuhkekeskus.ee